Monday, December 8, 2008

Thing #15 - SlideShare

OK, I've set up a SlideShare account; I left a comment on one of Michael's slideshows and found a presentation on Kubuntu Linux (see below) to add as a "favorite." I can see where SlideShare would be useful; the ability to embed slideshows into a Web page could be especially handy (though I don't have anything currently that I would use this for).
KUbuntu
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: linux unix)


But I encountered a few "issues" in getting started with this. First, the embedded slideshow on the page for this "Thing" never did work for me, either in IE or in Firefox. Second, the captcha on the signup page would not work for me in IE, though I had no problem with it in Firefox. And third (though this is more a problem with slideshow presentations themselves than with SlideShare), a lot of the presentations I looked at just didn't work well without something else to accompany them.

I keep this in mind for possible future use.

1 comment:

MM said...

I had errors with the site too. I couldn't get one of my PowerPoints uploaded. I tried IE and Firefox but no luck. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.